Why join Botany Bay FHS?
We have nearly500 members and we invite you to join us and enjoy the fellowship of people sharing a mutual interest in family history.
Benefits of Membership
• Receive a New Member Kit containing a handbook, information on resources, and blank pedigree and family charts
• Beginner's classes, problem-solving workshops
• Q & A Sessions at monthly meetings provide help and advice for your research problems from other members who are ever willing to share their knowledge and experience
• Interesting speakers on a wide range of family history and genealogical subjects
• View films ordered from LDS FamilySearch at our Research Centre
• Opportunity to attend special interest groups for Australian, English, Scottish, Irish research, Social Media, DNA research, a writers' group for help on presenting your family story, computer user groups for family tree programs Reunion for Mac, Legacy and Family Tree Maker
• Receive four issues per year in book form, electronic delivery or both, of our award winning journal The Endeavour containing interesting articles and all the latest family history news, library acquisitions and new sources. You may also subscribe to our eNewsletter
• Free use of our Research Centre and Library with experienced volunteer librarians to assist you in using its extensive library of books, recordings of past talks, CD and microfiche indexes with no-charge access to the internet and subscription sites such as FindMyPast World, Ancestry World Edition, The Genealogist, Biographical Database of Australia, Internet History Resources, Sydney Morning Herald Archives 1955-1995, and the British Newspaper Archives
• Opportunity to participate in a range of activities such as our annual Heritage Fair, Christmas party, trips to places of interest and research repositories
Membership is from 1 July to 30 June each year. To join, download an application form, complete it and post it to us with your cheque, or simply come along to one of our monthly meetings where you will be made most welcome.
New Member: Single Membership $50 (includes one-off joining fee), Family Membership $60. You receive a New Member's pack when you join. If joining after 1 March in any year pay a reduced membership fee of $10 which covers till 30 June plus the normal $10 joining fee - so for just $20 new members receive the April journal and have four months to use all our facilities and decide whether o not to continue their membership after 30 June.
Renewal Membership: $40 single and $50 family
Family membership includes each person in a family unit at one address.
Donations are always very welcome.
Botany Bay Family History Society and its members are conscious that collecting, collating and sharing information about people, living or deceased, are essential elements of family history, but that unauthorised publication of information can result in identity fraud and cause hurt and embarrassment to others. Therefore the Society and its members agree to be bound by its Code of Ethics which can be viewed by clicking the link above..
Use this form to list your surname interests and either hand it in at the Research Centre or email it to the webmaster for publication in our online Members Interest Directory
The Society is an affiliate library for the viewing of otherwise restricted images available through FamilySearch.